Re: [LUG] Problems posting to the list...

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008, grant@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have sent messages to myself (other domains, including a GMail
> account) and they get through (although it was flagged as SPAM by
> GMail), but it seems that my posts to the list get dropped.

Looks like your mails are being rejected because you're listed on the
spamhaus xbl (and that because you're listed in cbl.abuseat.org).

>>From looking at it, my best guess is that you're listed in the CBL
because your mailserver is HELOing with "localhost.localdomain" which
can indicate a poorly configured mailserver (and is generally bad form).

Given you've said you're using exim, locate the "primary_hostname" setting
in exim.conf and set it to something more sane (and then restart/HUP
exim).

You'll then need to go to the cbl site and request delisting.

I'd have thought that you should have recieved bounce messages telling
you that your mail was rejected because of your listing.

Alex.