Re: [LUG] NSLU2

On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 2:14 PM, James Fidell <james@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, I am making progress today, albeit slowly, with SlugOS/LE.
> Initially I'd gone for 4.08-beta, but that doesn't seem to have a
> working C development environment.  I've now dropped back to
> 3.10-beta with more success.

Learning the basics with a minimal slugos is pretty useful and being
able to upturn etc to boot from flash or HD is useful.

Have a go early on at a redboot from telnet, it will probably come in
handy when you do a bad flash on day and can't flash over the network
;-o and a serial port is a must!

To do anything really serious i found it so much easier to have debian
to hand, as everything i was use to and expected was just there.

Robin