Re: [LUG] OT: Epson Printer

On Thursday 02 October 2008 00:23:28 Julian Hall wrote:
> David Bell wrote:
> > Does anyone out there use an Epson Stylus Photo R200 printer?

> Yes I do.  What's the problem?

Thanks Julian and Rob for the replies.  Last month I built a replacement PC
for an old friend whose Win XP machine was "past it's best".  In doing so I
persuaded him to dual boot GNU/Linux on it.  Win XP is retained for colour
photography/printing only, whilst all office, web and e-mail is performed
using PCLinuxOS.  He is very happy with this arrangement.

Unfortunately he lives 340 miles away and I couldn't spend enough time either
to convert him over to Linux completely or find a compatible version of
escutil, that will have to wait until the next visit.  The XP drivers disk
for the (second hand) printer is missing and the ones that I downloaded don't
seem to provide the full maintenance facilities.

May I ask if either of you could kindly let me have a copy of the Epson disk.
I'm happy to pay for cost and postage.

Thanks
David

--