Re: [LUG] SSH, Shell account.

2008/9/17 Ross Bearman <ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> If you only want to connect to a shell account, all you really need to know is:
>
> ssh server
>
> For example:
>
> ssh secure.rossbearman.co.uk
>
> This will login using your current username and just prompt you for a
> password. If your username on the remote server is different to your
> local username, simply using the syntax:
>
> ssh user@server
>
> For example:
>
> ssh test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> If you're wanting to use it under a Windows machine, you can forget
> all of that as PuTTy will connect to the server for you and just
> prompt you for the login credentials. Then it's just like using a
> standard shell.
> Regards, Ross Bearman
>

> On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Tom Potts
> <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> ...It would'v been Jon, had I not been restricted to using Vista on a
>>> borrowed laptop. I have a PC running ubuntu, I'll have a look at the man
>>> page there when I get home.
>> you can normally type 'man whatever'  into google etc and get them that way if
>> you're on disadvantaged hardware.
>> Tom te tom te tom
>>

>> --

Hi mate,

I am starting with a project giving Free Shells just for Educational
purposes....maybe if you dont have restrictions on the network you
could register and access the shell via ssh....

Heres the URL:  www.en.free-shells.com.ar (English)
www.free-shells.com.ar (Spanish)

Just in case somebody else wants it......

Cheers,