Re: [LUG] Promoting SFD 2008

On Sep 13, 2008, tom was like:

>  its never too late to get involved.

I'd like to join in, just to talk to people about floss since I don't
have anything in the way of an exhibit to demonstrate. And help in a
general way, such as moving tables around etc. I've got two laptops
I could bring: one a Fujitsu Amilo 1600MHz 512MB with Ubuntu 8.04
(Gnome only) and the other a EiSystems P4 2800MHz 224MB also with
Ubuntu 8.04.

I wanted to put Mint on the EiSystems one, since I'd heard it was
especially easy for beginners, but I couldn't install it -- it got as
far as 'Checking file system 15%' and then froze. Does it perhaps need
more memory than 224MB? So I put U8.04 back and now I am installing
XFCE -- I thought this would work well with limited memory.

See you on Saturday

Tony Sumner