Re: [LUG] Promoting SFD 2008

tom wrote:
> I have downloaded a copy of "Big Buck Bunny" but need to burn it onto a
> dual layer DVD if my machine will allow it.

Dual layer?

I thought it was a standard 4GB DVD?

Even the HD version comes under 4GB.

> Rob has contacted various local Radio Stations and Newspapers trying to
> get air time for the event.

Well I've got South Hams Radio and Gemini to give it a mention,
hopefully Rick from Gemini will be coming down.  Haven't heard a peep
from Palm, I'll badger them next week.

> Robin Cornelius is offering to do a demo of his "Second Life" virtual
> open source exhibition (if it is ready).

Sounds interesting.

> Many thank to the above contributors, its never too late to get
> involved. The costs are all covered so I would rather see the hall full
> of exhibits (and potential new recruits to DCGLUG) than empty......
> Please Please Please promote this event as best you can.

You're welcome.  I can't spare much in funds at the moment but I'll try
and spare something.

> Technically
>
> The LTSP server is woefully underpowered but I knew that before I
> started. Never the less its usable and hopefully will show a fair
> flavour of what we know is possible with GNU/Linux to the more wider public.

I guess the main thing is that it works.  I'm sure it won't be taxed
that much.

> This is as much your event as mine.
>
> Hope to see you there.

I'll be able to make it for a couple of hours although probably not the
whole day.

Rob