[LUG] Laptop keyboard problem

I have an elderly Dell Latitude CPx 500 laptop which works well with Kubuntu
except for the fact it needs to use an external keyboard as some of the keys
on its own keyboard are damaged or nonoperational.I believe this is a known
problem with this model. However before spending £65+ on a repair by our
local computer shop I wonder if there is something I can do with a
screwdriver
to rectify the keys. If any of you have a solution I would be glad to learn
about it.

John