Re: [LUG] DCGLUG SFD2008

On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 10:39 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:
> tom wrote:
> >
> > Update :
> >
> > I have the Public Liability Insurance covering up to £2M per "incident"
> > / claim.
> >
> > We also have property damage cover (maximum £10,000).
> > Equipment cover up to £2,500.
> >
> > The cover cost £55.65
> > Hall Rental    £25.00
> >
> > Total (So Far) £80.65
> >

> That's great, does it just cover the one event or does it cover more events?
>
> I think maybe we should look at some sort of fundrasing.  Shame we're
> not a registered charity :-)
> > I am going to be accepting donations on the day from anyone who feels
> > that its not fare for one individual to be paying all these costs !
> >

> I'll try and donate a bit, I can't afford much but I think it's only
> fair to chip in a bit to cover all your hard work.  A professional
> company would probably charge shed loads for an event such as this.
>
> > What I do not have at the moment is any sort of PAT testing on the
> > equipment. Personally I would feel happier if the mobile LTSP kit has
> > been PAT tested, but I guess individuals will possibly bring their own
> > laptops / equipment for demonstration purposes that have not been PAT
> > tested. It is not a stipulation of the insurance that we have PAT tested
> > equipment.
> >

> I don't think I'd be able to get the machines PAT tested before the
> event.  Adam, would you be able to PAT test Tom's kit?

No worries!  Provided we can arrange a date and time prior to the event,
or provided I can arrange to get there an hour before the event kicks
off, on the day.

> I presume once it's done it lasts for a year or two?

Depends on the use and ratings of the items.  Fairly Heavy Duty items
require regular tests, but in all honesty, like most Health and Safety
type legislation it's more 'guidelines' than 'rules' lol!

I reckon they'll be good for at least a year, and possibly more
depending on the physical state and age of the items.