Re: [LUG] DCGLUG SFD2008

tom wrote:

> Update :
>
> I have the Public Liability Insurance covering up to £2M per "incident"
> / claim.
>
> We also have property damage cover (maximum £10,000).
> Equipment cover up to £2,500.
>
> The cover cost £55.65
> Hall Rental    £25.00
>
> Total (So Far) £80.65

That's great, does it just cover the one event or does it cover more events?

I think maybe we should look at some sort of fundrasing.  Shame we're
not a registered charity :-)
> I am going to be accepting donations on the day from anyone who feels
> that its not fare for one individual to be paying all these costs !

I'll try and donate a bit, I can't afford much but I think it's only
fair to chip in a bit to cover all your hard work.  A professional
company would probably charge shed loads for an event such as this.

> What I do not have at the moment is any sort of PAT testing on the
> equipment. Personally I would feel happier if the mobile LTSP kit has
> been PAT tested, but I guess individuals will possibly bring their own
> laptops / equipment for demonstration purposes that have not been PAT
> tested. It is not a stipulation of the insurance that we have PAT tested
> equipment.

I don't think I'd be able to get the machines PAT tested before the
event.  Adam, would you be able to PAT test Tom's kit?

I presume once it's done it lasts for a year or two?
> As you know as a feature of this event I am trying to get a video
> connection set up with KLUG in the Cameroon, inviting young children to
> engage in internet chat with their counterparts here in the UK. Tomorrow
> I will concentrate on Emailing all the schools in Torbay area to see if
> I can drum up some interest.

I'm just about to e-mail Colin Leslie at Palm about it.  Even if they
can't do anything on the day I'm sure they can give it a mention on
air.  I'll also e-mail Gemini about it too just in case they can give it
a mention.

Not sure who to speak to at the Herald Express, I'm a friend of them on
Facebook, can't hurt to drop them a message.

Rob