Re: [LUG] DCGLUG SFD2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 06:30:37AM +0100, Adam Latham wrote:

> 'We are committed to becoming a business and enterprise Microsoft user.
> We see no reason to promote the use of untested software that comes with
> no warranty as to its suitability for use.'

Just out of interest,

- what warranty does Microsoft actually offer?

    REMEDY FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY. We will repair or replace the software at no
charge. If we cannot repair or replace it, we will refund the amount shown on your
receipt for the software. We will repair or replace supplements, updates and
replacement software at no charge. If we cannot repair or replace them, we will
refund the amount you paid for them, if any. You must uninstall the software and
return it to Microsoft with proof of purchase to obtain a refund. These are your
only remedies for breach of the limited warranty.

- what tests have been run on the Microsoft software?

- What is the cost of support from Microsoft and how does that compare with similar
support costs from Ubuntu / RedHat?

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding. Electronic documents