Re: [LUG] C++ Experts

popen() (the function that I assume is giving Sam the error) is part of the stdio library.
Regards, Ross Bearman

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 8:45 AM, Neil Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 08:07 +0100, Tom Potts wrote:
> I haven't received the starter email for this thread - this happens to me a
> lot -anyone know why the mail system does that?

The submitter started a new post after clicking Reply in their client
but the message-ID headers for the old thread have been retained. Then
the first reply got rid of the headers and appears as a new thread.

http://www.dcglug.org.uk/archive/2008/09/msg00128.html

It was originally part of the long Chrome thread. If, like many people,
you set an entire thread to "All Read" when you're bored with that
particular thread, you'll miss emails that break threading like the
original message in this one.

> > > Have you done any GUI coding using C++, What are your views on QT 4,
> > > Kdevelop, Eclipse or something that would use Gnome objects.

Umm, GNOME is C, Qt is C++ - why are you trying to find help on C++ when
you want to use GNOME objects?

For GNOME, use Anjuta.

> > > Have been using Bloodshed or g++  basic compliers for basic console apps.
> > >
> > > When i have tried Kdevelop etc i tend to get errors that pervent the app
> > > compiling and the errors don't have a odveous meaning , tried looking on
> > > google but as yet haven't resolved issues.
> > >
> > > I get a "undeclared (first use this function) " which i assume it can't
> > > find a lib/header.

Or is a typo. You have to manage the headers yourself, don't go assuming
that any IDE will spoon-feed you code.

--

Neil Williams