Re: [LUG] Ubuntu in the 'real' world

Clare Shepherd wrote:
> On 4 Sep 2008, at 07:58, Tom Potts wrote:

>> Tom te tom te tom
>>

>> --
>>

> I thought there were some valid points there, especially about forums
> expectation of new folks' level of expertise. Thanks for the link.
>
> Clare

I agree some valid points. It's a shame that if he didn't like the look
of xandros he didn't just activate the advanced desktop feature which
would have enabled him to use kde and a start menu like he was used to.

Oops, hang on. that requires knowledge of how to do it.  Oh well.

just remembered that if the Cd he got had mandrake and ubuntu on it it
may well have been the linux format edition that had a full article on
explaining how to set up kde fairly easily.

Ray