Re: [LUG] Webmail for small screens?

Dave Walker wrote:
> Henry Bremridge wrote:

>>> <SNIPP
>> http and https yes. Could not get another port to work (well I only
>>  tried 993 and 587). They also blocked 25. Basically they want to
>> prevent you "downloading" material from the web
>>
> There is no reason you couldn't run an secure IMAP server listening
> on port 443/https.  I'd hope your phone supports custom port settings
>  as most IMAP clients do.

Or use apache's nice proxying feature to port forward based on hostname
so that external requests for:
ssh.example.com:443 redirects to port 22
mail.example.com:443 redirects to port 25
www.example.com: 443 still works as an https server
etc...

> However, £7.50 does sound quite alot for such a restrictive service;
> is it their 'unlimited' package?

Yep. It sure beats the previous situation- 70 pounds a month was the
cheapest you could get not all that long ago.