Re: [LUG] SFD NEEDS YOU !

Adam Latham wrote:

>> Tom,
>
> If it's any help, I have access to a PAT kit and am currently certified
> to PA Test for Torbay Council Childrens Services (Schools) and I'm in
> the Paignton/Torquay Area.
>
> Just an offer: If Rob's available and willing to do it then so much the
> better.

Not sure if I'd be able to do it yet, I'm still without transport at the
moment, not sure for how long (just been hit with the Wedding Reception
bill).

> As I work in a School in Torbay, I'll certainly talk to our ICT man and
> promote the idea to him: see if I can drum up a bit of interest in the
> student body, also (once cleared by the Principal, Natch!)

That sounds good.

I do like the idea of a video link.  I remember years ago (some 20 odd
years ago now) that our junior school linked up with a school in the
states and we had pen-pals in Alaska.  I think a video/IM link would be
a great way of updating this idea for 21st century.

Not sure if someone could put together a presentation with Stephen Fry's
video on there.  I did feel though like it might be a little bit too
technical for anyone who doesn't know a bit about computers.

I'll mention to Palm about it and see if they can do a feature (they're
much more likely to do something on this than Gemini, best Gemini could
probably do is a mention on air and a news story, although I will
contact them too).

Rob