Re: [LUG] Linux cli help!

> You could try a wildcarded form of the rm command. Something like:
>
>     /bin/rm *ACS550*    or    /bin/rm *.xls
>
> You will, of course, need to do an 'ls' initially so as to see what
> files you would be deleting.
>

> John.

I've managed to fix the problem. The NAS box has a recycle bin on it so
when files are deleted they are copied first to this recycle bin. Turning
the recycle bin feature off enabled me to delete them.
Don't know why this is a problem but I guess I'll have to take it up with
the manufacturers of the NAS box.
Thanks for all your help - at least I'm gaining more cli experience!
Cheers,
Matt.