Re: [LUG] Linux cli help!

> Can you run 'ls -i' to get the inode number? If so then execute:
>
>     find . -inum xxx -exec /bin/rm {} \;
>
> where 'xxx' is the inode number.
>

> John.

Thanks John,

ls -i worked but executing:

find . -inum 67715463 -exec /bin/rm {} \;

just brought up the usage instructions for the find command.
Neither -inum or -exec were in the expression list. Now I'm wondering if
I'm capable of running all commands or if they're restricted in some way.

Here's the expressions I can execute using find:

EXPRESSION may consist of:
        -follow         Dereference symbolic links.
        -name PATTERN   File name (leading directories removed) matches
PATTERN.
        -print          Print (default and assumed).

        -type X         Filetype matches X (where X is one of: f,d,l,b,c,...)
        -perm PERMS     Permissions match any of (+NNN); all of (-NNN);
                        or exactly (NNN)
        -mtime TIME     Modified time is greater than (+N); less than (-N);
                        or exactly (N) days

I never knew it could be so hard to delete a few files...
Anything else to try?
(For info the NAS box is a Qnap TS-409 pro)
Cheers again,
Matt.