Re: [LUG] A bit O/T but with a Linux Flavour

Rob, I don't know about Vista OEMs, but XP OEMs at least aren't tied
to anything. The only legal limitation is that they should only be
installed on one machine at a time (I think it might specify the
original machine, but that's a bit of a grey area, for how do you
define the machine) however there is no inbuilt protection for this;
you can use the same CD and CD key to install on many different
machines, with different hardware. I know my CD first locked after 8
installs, on a couple of different machines, but the technical support
were more than happy to unlock it without any questions.

Regards, Ross Bearman