Re: [LUG] A bit O/T but with a Linux Flavour

On Sun, 2008-08-24 at 11:43 +0100, David Bell wrote:
I am about to rebuild a PC with 2 new HDD's for somebody, who has sampled and
been delighted with Linux (repeat, "delighted with Linux"), but needs to
retain, very occasional, access to XP as well.  The machine has XP (OEM
version) installed on a single aging HDD which is fairly small and
reformatting it into 2 partitions would be impracticable. In any case I
prefer to construct dual boot systems using separate disks.

Does anyone know if MS will reject my attempt to re-activate an OEM version of
XP on the new master disk, all other components remaining unchanged?

TIA

--
W.  Devon

If you just dd the old disk to the new one then re-size the partition after wards MS won't know any different.

you won't need then to reinstall
just make sure the boot.ini points to the right disk and partition.

I use "The complete Repair & Recovery Toolkit" cd for this type of work.

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved
Po House, Minions, Liskeard Cornwall PL14 5LE
01579363386