Re: [LUG] Asus eeePC- Connection to BT Total Broadband Hub

On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 10:08 +0100, Kelly Jones wrote:
> If your using WPA then there was a known issue with the eee pc and
> WPA, search on the eee pc forums and you will find a solution.
>
> 2008/8/19 Ross Bearman <ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > I can't really offer any helpe; I did have connectivity issues on my
> > EEE PC, but I replaced Xandros with Ubuntu-EEE
> > <http://www.ubuntu-eee.com> and use Ubuntu Netbook Remix on it. That
> > solved all my issues, sorry I can't be any more helpful.
> >
> > Regards, Ross Bearman

this may not be the sort of solution you're looking for, but anyhow...
My isp is the the postoffice (not recommended) and I have a strong
suspicion that what they offer is BT Broadband re-badged.  If your
problem is with WPA and you don't want to switch to some other inferior
type of security I would recommend switching distros.

I currently have eeePClinuxOS installed and it has absolutely no problem
with WPA. I've tried a variety of distros on the eeePC and I think this
one is the best Skype and the webcam work out of the box and it even has
an easy mode.

It is still in beta, but I've had no problems with it at all. The
install is a bit weird as it must be done via a usb stick, (2 g is big
enough), but if you burn the iso to cd and use it as a live disk on a PC
all the tools for making one easily are there.

You need to read the instructions which are very clear. It can be run
live from the USB stick so it can be checked out before installing.

Simon