Re: [LUG] SSD/Flash : Was Running Ubuntu from a USB Stick!

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 08:08:05 +0100
Tom Potts wrote:

> On Wednesday 20 August 2008 00:39, Grant Sewell wrote:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid-state_drive#Architecture_and_function
> So an SSD may be a flash drive or DRAM based with a battery backup.
> flash will wear out
> and DRAM may have battery problems
> Make sure you backeumup regularly!
> Anyone tried SSD for swap?
> Tom te tom te tom

Would it not be significantly cheaper to just give it some more RAM
rather than forking out for an SSD for swap?

Which reminds me of someone I met years ago wanting to use a small
portion of his RAM as a disk so he could put his swap on it.  *Grant
raises an eyebrow*

Grant.