Re: [LUG] my Tyan MB

kevin writes:
> On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 15:10 +0100, Ross Bearman wrote:
>> If you can boot from a LiveCD you could try reinstalling GRUB? The
>> only times I've received error 22 is when the partition containing
>> GRUBs configuration files had been deleted.
>> Regards, Ross Bearman

>> > Are you running SATA or IDE disks?
>> > Have you set the Bios to boot SATA?
>> > some bios's only look for IDE unless told first.
> > Regards
> > Kevin Lucas

> Are the disks in the right place on the Cables?
> I have had problems with a disk Set to be Primary on the jumpers, but on
> the slave part of the cable ie "the first connector coming up from the
> MoBo".  so wouldn't boot!
> putting it on the end of the Cable cured the error!
> Regards
> Kevin Lucas

....I think I've got it! I tried using my old HDD and it booted no problem
so now I'm thinking it's something to do with the size/number of cylinders
that my harddrives have. The new ones are too big and the old BIOS can't
handle them....what I reckon anyway. Any ideas what I should do about this?
Cheers, Jon Davey.