Re: [LUG] Viglen MPC problem

On Friday 15 August 2008 16:38, Simon Waters wrote:
> Tom Potts wrote:
> > After I got my Viglen I played with it a bit and installed a few things
> > and updated but not upgraded.
> > Now it wont boot  - a Kernel panic!
> > Its got USB and no 'real' keyboard  and wont respond to F1 or ESC to
> > choose a different kernel (if thats the problem)
> > Any ideas on where to go (other than back to Viglen of course..)
>
> What boot loader are you using?
>
> GRUB with hiddenmenu is "esc".
> Lilo uses "tab".
The box has USB2 and USB1.1 ports - I had the keyboard/mouse in the 2.0 ports
at the front of the box  and could get no response on those. Plugged then in
the 1.1 at the back et voila they worked so I could add a few params to the
kernel to get it going - specifically "pci=noacpi pnpbios=off" and all is
well ish -surely kernel params should be carried over to kernel upgrades?
Tom te tom te tom