Re: [LUG] Exeter Fun Day - Got a bit of a problem

Rob Beard wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> This is a long shot at such short notice but I thought I'd ask anyway...
>
> I checked the weather forecast for tomorrow with the Met Office and
> found that throughout the majority of the day it will be raining.  Now
> this wouldn't have been a major problem apart from the fact that I
> haven't been able to secure a gazebo.
>
> So... I don't think we'll be able to go to the Fun Day after all.  The
> problem is, the machines we're using are running off a generator.  All
> the machines run at normal mains voltages and it's probably too much
> of a risk to the machines and the visitors.
>
> If anyone else has any ideas on how to get around this (bearing in
> mind we'll be on a grassy lawn which will no doubt be wet) I'd love to
> know how we can get around this.
>
> If all else fails we'll just have to try and organize something else,
> maybe something for Software Freedom Day instead?
>
> Rob
>

> Ok, No problem I will do something else tomorrow and keep the resources I do have
> for software freedom day in September, I would like to thank you (and I am sure i
> speak for other members of the lug ) for all your efforts in getting this far.  I
> agree its too much of a risk to the public to have rain + electricity.

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

Next Lug meet : Thursday 31st July @ 7:30 onwards - Paignton rugby / cricket club
August 16th Exeter Fun day event, See list or e-mail Rob Beard for details,  any
help would be great.

visit us on IRC - irc.flashtek-uk.com / 6667 #dclug