Re: [LUG] Serial port (absense of)

Ross Bearman wrote:
> What's your usual distribution?
> Regards, Ross Bearman
>

> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 11:07 AM, Tony Sumner <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I have a little gadget (for controlling the water heating) that plugs
>> in to a serial port but modern laptops don't have these. I bought a
>> USB-serial converter and this comes with drivers for Red Hat 7, 8 and
>> 9.  By a strange twist of fate I still have the discs containing Red
>> Hat 8 (those were the days) so I installed the it and the driver works
>> (this laptop is dedicated to the one task). There must be other ways
>> of solving this problem and I'd be interested to know what they
>> are. Maplin sell a card-bus device with serial ports but they say this
>> is windows only. Does anyone have experience with the Keyspan device?
>>
>> Tony Sumner

I have a debian  1.2 cd in my archive

>> --

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

Next Lug meet : Thursday 31st July @ 7:30 onwards - Paignton rugby / cricket club
August 16th Exeter Fun day event, See list or e-mail Rob Beard for details,  any
help would be great.

visit us on IRC - irc.flashtek-uk.com / 6667 #dclug