Re: [LUG] Linux mini book

Ach, I miss RISC. I grew up with that. Had to ditch it when we got broadband because it didn't support it properly.

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 3:23 PM, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
kevin wrote:
> from novotech
> http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/e-weekly.html
>
> Looks like a reasonable offer ( I Like the Highly secure bit!)

Maplin and Scan are selling them too...

http://www.cnmlifestyle.com/

They're ARM based systems.  Someone on the Ubuntu list was saying that
he'd prefer an EeePC, but how I see it, the more of these type of
devices that get released, the cheaper they'll get.

Before long I bet they'll be under £100.

I also wonder if RiscOS from the Archimedes could be hacked to run on
this ;-)

Rob

Regards, Ross Bearman