Re: [LUG] Linux mini book

I went to have a play on one this morning, at Novatech's Portishead branch.

The hardware looks nice, but the keys are about 10% too small for even
my girly digits. The touch pad wasn't great either, awkward placing of
the buttons and no tapping.  Mind you I never could handle a touch pad.

The sales guys knew nothing about the product including a) what flavour
of linux or b) how the software can be updated or extra apps added.
There is a gui package management system installed but no clue as to
what it was running in the background.

I wanted to see if it would be possible to open a terminal and do things
like ssh, but it appears not.

I was tempted to buy one and try an install a proper version of linux on
it - but not enough.

Oddly, the price was cheaper at £165.

As a side note the sales guy really didn't want to sell it to me, his
opening gambit was along the lines of "It is not like a proper laptop,
you can't really do anything with it".  After 10mins I agreed