Re: [LUG] Icedove and mails older than 1 month

Grant Sewell wrote:
> Keith Abraham wrote:
>> All my Icedove folders only show mails less than 1 month old.
>>
>> It isn't that the older mails are missing, they aren't as I can
>> view them with a text editor. Nor are any user message filters
>> preventing them from being displayed.
>>
>> I seems just as if some display preference has been set at
>> 30 days, but if there is one I can't find it. I'm probably
>> missing something incredibly simple but can anyone tell me
>> how to show these older mails?
>>
>> Keith
>>
> Have you got your messages sorted by date and grouped?  On my
> Thunderbird setup here it then has a group called "old mail".

Grant:
All mails are sorted by date - oldest to newest.

I'm not sure what you mean by grouped. There is no folder
called old mail on my system.

Using message filters I organise incoming mails into named
folders eg my-ISP, my-Village. The inbox folder is kept
under control with another filter which deletes all mails
which have not been moved into folders and are older that
30 days.

Some of my folders contain mails which date back to the
beginning of the year yet when I open the folder the mails
aren't listed. All that is displayed are mails less than a
month old. I know they exist because I can enter
/.mozilla-thunderbird and view them with a text editor

As I said in my earlier mail it's as if there was a
blanket setting limiting the display of all mails to
those under a month old.

I've scoured the preferences to no avail. The solution
probably lies in the config editor but I don't know what
I'm looking for.

Keith