Re: [LUG] Foxconn boards BIOS affects Linux ACPI

On Sunday 03 August 2008 01:50, Keith Abraham wrote:
>  >> On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 05:42:46PM +0100, Keith Abraham wrote:
> >>
> >> Anyone else been following this thread. Worth reading most
> >> of it before making up your mind.
> >>
> >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=869249
> >>
> >> I does appear as if Foxconn has been making sure that
> >> Linux will be unstable on at least one of their motherboards.
> >>
> >> Linux has always had trouble with ACPI so I wonder does this
> >> point to the reason why?
>
> Foxconn has responded promptly and provided an upgraded BIOS.

> Everyone seems more than satisfied. Nice to see one company working
> with the Linux community to their mutual benefit.
>
> Keith
While it could be just incompetence on some companies part it does look a bit
suspicious the way some things work - you'd have to be weirdly incompetent to
write the code that some seem to produce. However as Linux is really starting
to kick off now they are seeing the bottom line being hit so ..
http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/08/01/linux-preloads-rocket-per-cent
Tom te tom te tom
Tom te tom te tom