Re: [LUG] Barclays Online Banking -Linux

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 13:36:22 +0100
Henry Bremridge <henry.bremridge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Henry,

> Agree nothing to do with PINsentry. Mind you I am not sure why HSBC
> insists on using IE. Each time I ask I get the reply "policy"...

The standard "We [can't be bothered/aren't allowed] to do the job
properly" answer.   :-(

Telling them that they lose business as a result of non-compliance is
often met with a shrug  and "So...?", too.  Primarily because the
amount of custom lost is small.

I wonder if a Firefox using mobility impaired person would be able to
mount a legal challenge on the grounds that the site discriminates
against them?  We do, after all, after anti-discriminatory legislation
in the UK.

> Anyway whats worse is their implementation keeps changing / is
> inconsistent
{snip}
> aggghhhhhh

I couldn't have put it better myself.   :-)

--
 Regards  _

White people going to school, where they teach you to be thick
White Riot - The Clash