Re: [LUG] North Devon Venue needed - Was Re: Paignton Meet

On Monday 21 July 2008 08:29, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> Paul Sutton wrote:
> > Looking at your other post, it sounds like you could do with somewhere
> > you can set up a pc / laptop and get some some help.   However it may be
> > a case of suggesting a meeting in a local pub,  in 2 - 3 weeks time
> > announcing here, and see who can make it,  if you need to make
> > adjustments to dates / times then 3 weeks gives time to make and
> > announce those changes.
> >
> > There has to be somewhere in North Devon members can meet up at.  Anyone
> > else up there that can help
> >
> > Paul
>
> I live in Holsworthy. The new Memorial Hall includes a room set aside
> for computer training and the chap who runs it can arrange things as a
> separate item from the main hall. If enough people in the area are
> interested I will sound him out about the possibility of having the
> occasional meeting there. Of course, all the computers there are set up
> for Windows, but that may not be a problem.
>
> Any interest?
>
> Neil Winchurst
I'm just a bit north of holsworthy.
I could conceivably put up with 5 or six cars (we have a 1/2 mile long single
track driveway)   - I've only got 512kBB. But with a little help we could set
something up.. - summer* would be good as we could use an outbuilding.
Failing that we could meet up in a pub - Neil: have you tried detecting
wireless in any of the Holsworthy pubs?
Saturdays are off as we have holiday cottage changeovers..
Tom te tom te tom

* I'm asuming we get summers here of course...