[LUG] Interesting Vista ACPI feature...

I have a new toy that came with Vista pre-installed.  I do not know if
this is an HP specific "feature" or not, but today I discovered
something quite "interesting" about Microsoft Windows Vista...

I went to shut it down properly, not the default hibernate (suspend to
disk) but a proper shutdown.  I thought it was shutting down nicely, so
I closed the lid.  The default (and current) setting is that closing the
lid will put it into standby (suspend to RAM).  Several hours later I
open up the laptop to find it resumes from RAM and then continues
shutting down as I had wanted.

Now *that's* a bit stupid.

Now that rant's off my chest... anyone got any positive stories about
AR5007 chipset wireless cards under Linux?  That's what's in this baby.
I've got it to the point where it will now see the wireless networks
about, just not connect to them!  Arghgh!  Current distro of choice
being Ubuntu 8.0.4, but others are welcome. :)

--Grant.