Re: [LUG] OTish: Firefox 3

Steve Lee wrote:
> 2008/7/7 Chris Smith <dclug.org.uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> "Remember Me" sounds like the option sites present you with to keep you
>> logged in, if this is not working you have a cookie problem.
>>

> That certainly make sense from what is described. You should check the
> Cookies options in the Privacy tab of options/preferences.
>
> It is also possible your profile has got messed up so you could use
> the Profile Manager to create a new clean one and see if that behaves
> better (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager)

Thanks for all the advice guys.  I checked all the prefs and they were
fine - actually I did have a trawl through them previously.  I then went
into the list of passwords and usernames and found several sites with
multiple entries.  After deleting the multiples I tried one of the
suspect sites.  It *finally* showed the password dialogue box Simon
mentioned.  Hopefully if any other sites play up it's just a matter of
deleting the site from the password list.

Kind regards,

Julian