Re: [LUG] Xp and GRUB PS

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 16:29 +0100, kevin wrote:

> title Windows 2000
>       rootnoverify (hd0,0)
>       chainloader +1

In the example of a sample menu.lst in
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RecoveringUbuntuAfterInstallingWindows
we have

title MS.........
root (hd0,0)
makeactive
chainloader +1

Mine has 2 differences
root (hd0,1)
and
savedefault
is an additional line

But the thing is, the options don't show when the grub menu displays,
but all the various Linux lines do, various kernels and their recovery
mode counterparts plus a memtest option.

PS My ntfs filesystem is on /dev/sda2 and my ext3 root is on /dev/sda5
which seems to correspond with the grub options: first in the list
being:

title    Ubuntu 8.04 kernel 2.6.24-19-generic
root     (hd0,4)
kernel   /boot/vmlinuz...............
ro quiet splash
initrd   /boot/initrd.img......
quiet

There is also a fat16 on sda1 of 7.8MB for DellUtility

--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk