Re: [LUG] AUTOMOUNTING EXTERNAL HARD DISK

On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 23:29 +0100, kevin wrote:

> you may have hidden .trash files for different users on /home
> try to find them.

I am the only user.
I looked through all the hidden files and found .strigi had 24.6GB in
which /clucene had almost all of it and a lot of files. For example
_13c85.fdt had 5.5GB. Other .fdt files had GB in them.

What can I do to improve the situation? This seems a strange use of
resources.

> do a mount -a
I get nothing at all.
> or list the mount command to see where the usb disk should be mounted if
> it is on the full disk is this why it fails?
Interesting it mounted automatically the session _after_ I changed its
name to freecom (using Windows) so I was able to move some files, but it
did not mount the next session. Once I prune the .strigi folder, maybe
it will work again?

Thanks
--
james kilty