Re: [LUG] I want one of these!!!

Hi Dave,

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 01:37:38PM +0100, Dave Foxcroft wrote:
> I think Asus have shot themselves in the foot over the eeepc, with
> making it bigger and thereby upping the price to that comparable with
> budget full spec laptops.

How come they are so wildly popular then?

People who think of them as regular laptops are so missing the
point.  I already have a regular laptop (Thinkpad R52), and it's too
heavy to carry with me unless I absolutely need it.  It's not
massive and it isn't particularly heavy for a laptop, it's just the
wrong side of bulky to be carried routinely.

The eee 900 I recently bought fits nicely in my backpack, weighs
less than 1kg.  As a result I carry it almost everywhere.  It's a
very different use case.

> I'm sure the likes of Acer will more than fill the gap that Asus
> dont seem to want to fill.

I'm pretty sure that the eee can be improved upon but nothing that
has been released yet does so in my opinion.  So I can well see why
they are so popular and why everywhere is always out of stock.

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB