Re: [LUG] Flat Monitor

Tom Potts wrote:
> I'm toying with the idea of getting a largish (non wide) flat monitor. (22")
> I need it for programming and would like to use it for media as well.
> Anyone got any ideas on one with decent linux drivers.
> Tom te tom te tom

As far as I'm aware any LCD monitor should be supported as long as your
video card is up to the job of running it (which it most probably would be).

This Acer gets pretty good reviews and it's only about £165 from
eBuyer.com - http://www.ebuyer.com/product/123955.  It supports a
widescreen resolution of 1680x1050 which should be supported by Linux,
even if it requires a slight bit of tweaking (my HDTV supports 1380x768
which I managed to get nicely on Ubuntu).

Other than that the Dell screens are quite nice, although probably a bit
more pricey.

If it was me, I'd be looking out for DVI connectivity as a must
(something I have on my monitor at work - DVI for my main desktop and
VGA for machines I'm fixing).

If you're willing to spend over £200 you should be able to get a screen
that supports 1920x1200 although I think they're a tad bigger at 24 inches.

Rob