Re: [LUG] bbc on open source

> Interesting, but last I checked, AVG wasn't
> open source, just freeware...
>
> To keep it opensource they shoud have mentioned
> Clam and ClamWin... :/
>
> Anton

It's wrong as well.  As of the end of this month AVG Free is no longer
supported and will not receive updates.  I am now getting frequent popup
adverts for AVG 8.0.  If I'm going to have to pay then I'll be looking
for performance.  AVG was fine while it was free, but not if competing
with the commercial antivirus products.

They've caught you out with their marketing scam there.

There is a free version of AVG 8.0 which does exactly the same thing as
the v7.x you have. They're just not telling the current v7.x free users
that in the popups.

Go to http://free.grisoft.com to download your v8.0 upgrade - you can
install directly over the top of v7.x without trouble.

Martin