Re: [LUG] does my mail arrive?

Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Tue, 20 May 2008 13:20:35 +0100
> "Robin Cornelius" <robin.cornelius@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello Robin,
>
>> "since it assumes you know what you have written" thats a big
>> assumption!
>> I really wish i could disable this feature. At work i tend to use
>
> You can't;  Google have been told countless times by people all over the
> planet that they don't like the current behaviour.  Still they refuse
> to even add an option to allow "own posts to MLs to be received".
>
> For this, amongst other reasons, it's wise to remember;
>
> gmail != email

Interesting, I have a gmail account, and for general
personal emails I find it really good.  But the few
times I've ever used it for mailing lists or yahoo
groups I've instinctively disliked it, and quickly
changed my subscriptions to one of my normal accounts.

I never even consciously analysed what it was I didn't
like!  But now I know... :D

Anton