Re: [LUG] 130 Euro back on Unused XP license

On Monday 19 May 2008 13:44, Dave Foxcroft wrote:
> Tom Potts wrote:
> > In France however may set precedent
> > http://news.slashdot.org/news/08/05/19/0154224.shtml
> >
> > now that will work well on the new xp eeepc....
> > Tom te tom te tom
>
> If I ever get mine - been waiting over 3 months for it from Misco and
> still no delivery date set!
I'm beginning to wonder if a new form of vapourware has been invented -
mirageware (you can see it but you cant touch it). The intel shenannagins
over the eeepc (apparently heavily subsidised by Intel as a spoiler for the
now self spoiled olpc) suggest that the idea is to make something people
want, but as its subsidised it costs to sell but put a few on the market and
everyone will get on a never ending waiting list and not buy 'the
competition'.

Anyone know of a decent PC shop in so we can organise a day trip - buy lots of
eepcs and demand the xp rebate. That could pay for a nice trip and a few days
in a hotel!
Tom te tom te tom