Re: [LUG] Wanted

Quoting John Horne <john.horne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 16:45 +0100, David Bell wrote:
>> Has anyone got one of these, finds it takes up too much space and
>> wants to get
>> rid of it :)
>>
>> http://www.linutop.com
>>
> Well it's interesting I'll say that. Given that I've just sought out
> bits and pieces to try and put together a small and quiet second PC, and
> that I already have a usb kvm, something like this would have been
> ideal :-) However, I suspect the internal storage (couldn't actually see
> what size it was) is somewhat small compared to todays typical disk
> sizes. I would not be at all surprised though if this is the way things
> are going to go - at least it will be nice and quiet :-)
>

> John.
>
> --

The included storage is small at one GiB; external usb flash drive on
the Lintop 1 and internal flash on the Lintop 2.  The storage on the
Lintop 2 is connected with a standard IDE connector so it should be
possible to replace it with a bigger flash drive or a 2 1/2" internal
HDD if required.

No moving parts so it should be silent.  I've been looking for
something quiet and low power to run as a basic file server at home
and one of these, at less than 8 watts, along with an external hard
drive may be just the thing.

gareth