Re: [LUG] Another Scrip Problem

Hi

Thank you for your help but I am afraid I am being remarkably dense.
What I want to do is check that the user is or is not a member of uucp.
If he is not I need to add him.  The following works (except the gpasswd
bit which I will test on another machine! (What faith!!).

#! /bin/sh
groups > temp
if grep -w 'uucp' temp; then
        echo "thats great," ${USER} "is a member of uucp"
        else echo "Oh Dear"
        # sudo gpasswd -a ${USER} uucp
fi
rm temp

However I do not think it is very elegant, and I do not like putting
temp  files on other peoples machines.

All the best

Peter L-J