Re: [LUG] Mounting issues...

Grant Sewell wrote:

> Incidentally, the name "mask" doesn't necessarily imply that it represents
> the bits that are not present.  Take networking, for example

Yes, umask is back to front.

It would have been easier to extend if one specified the security
options that can be set, then a simple "AND" instead of "AND NOT ..."
would have got the required permissions.

Still I doubt anyone will be inventing security systems where bit based
permissions are used in future, but who knows.

Unix style file permissions in Linux makes it all feel so 1970's....

Whilst you can use Posix ACL, I don't know many folks who do.