Re: [LUG] OT (?) Unit testing in C++

Quoting Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I'm playing with C++ again after being badly spoilt by C#!
> I try to do unit testing at every reasonable point in my code and C# made it
> very easy to create and test fixtures using Nunit and the testing GUI's.
> I'm looking at doing similar in C++ but it seems to me to be  a bit more
> involved and not as  easy to implement. I don't know of a way of adding
> attributes to C++ classes in the same way as C# which makes it so easy...
> Anyone know better?

NUnit is very easy to use, and I've not met anything quite as simple
for C++. Boost.Test (http://www.boost.org) works quite well, as does
CUTE, cppunit and Aeryn (http://aeryn.tigris.org). I've got a
home-grown framework I use, and a set of emacs macros for creating new
test classes, and adding tests to them. I suspect it would be
relatively easy to write similar macros for other test frameworks.

Anthony
--
Anthony Williams            | Just Software Solutions Ltd
Custom Software Development | http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk