Re: [LUG] Hardware question

Kevin Lucas writes:

Ray Smith wrote:

>> Hi, My motherboard has tweo IDE sockets, I expect like a lot
>> of mbs. Problem
>> is the secondary IDE slot seems completly useless!. I have
>> yet to get any
>> device to work through it.<snip>
>> Cheers, Jonny D,

To prove the socket header you need to unplug all Disks, put your single
primary disk in the Secondary header, boot and goto BIOS and do an AUTO find
disks.  If this shows no disks then check again the jumpers on the one disk
you have installed and correct!  reboot,   if still no disks then the header
is blown and you need a new MO BO.

....ok, i see. I'll do that. Hopefully it's fine.
Cheers, Jon.