Re: [LUG] Hardware question

Ray Smith wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
jon.davey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 12 April 2008 23:30
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LUG] Hardware question

Hi, My motherboard has tweo IDE sockets, I expect like a lot
of mbs. Problem
is the secondary IDE slot seems completly useless!. I have
yet to get any
device to work through it. It even messes up the
configuration of the drives
on IDE one if I try to use it. DOes anyone have any
experience of this? I
have tried various configurations using the BIOS....every
configuration I
can think of.. Also I have a SCSI cd drive that I'm trying to
use. THe
device is seen properly during boot but ubuntu doesn't see
the devise. ANy
ideas about this aswell?
Cheers, Jonny D,

To prove the socket header you need to unplug all Disks, put your single primary disk in the Secondary header, boot and goto BIOS and do an AUTO find disks.  If this shows no disks then check again the jumpers on the one disk you have installed and correct!  reboot,   if still no disks then the header is blown and you need a new MO BO.
--
Regards: Kevin Lucas Post Master (Sub) Minions Shop & Tea Rooms Minions Liskeard Cornwall PL14 5LE www.minionsbandb.co.uk