Re: [LUG] ASUS EeePC

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 21:07:49 +0100, james kilty
<james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>FWIW this link came to me today as I have done business with Pixmania.
>And in 5 colours indeed.
>http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/asus_eee_pc/cmr1_cmp1718_cm.html?tag=mail_uk_uk_2008-04-03_23194&srcid=3689
>--
>james kilty
>http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk

looks like it is 20 quid cheaper at Amazon
http://eeestock.cpjackson.co.uk/

but if I were buying now I thing I would either wait for an 8G or
the new 900 version with bigger screen (I waited 3 months' for
delivery anyway for mine)

I would avoid the 2G, as I believe half the software is missing
(Open Office, etc) as the OS on my 4G takes up 3Gb.

but will the new models have a proper set of compilers?
(no gcc, make, etc. on the 4g, so cannot install Perl modules
from CPAN - copying them from my Debian box works though)

Dave
--
http://www.morgad.co.uk/index.html    gpg:0x64B5E037
Distributed Proofreaders: http://www.pgdp.net