Re: [LUG] Museum of computing on The Register

On Monday 31 March 2008 22:28, Paul Sutton wrote:
> Rob Beard wrote:
> > Just seen this on The Register...
> >
> > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/31/uk_computing_museum_evicted/
> >
> > I've posted a comment about the Ubuntu Demo Day.  I really do hope that
> > it doesn't close down and that it can find a new home.  If I had a empty
> > building that I could provide I'd happily provide space for the
> > exhibits, unfortunately my garage isn't big enough.
> >
> > Dianne, have you spoken to the newspapers, and the local radio stations?
> >
> > Rob
>
> If it does close surely it should move to totnes,  birthplace of Mr
> charles babbage the father of computers, and his wife after whom ada
> (programming language )was named.
Totnes? Are you mad? Everything has to be centralised in London so as to make
it cost more for everyone.. except Londoners.
I can imagine there are many large barns down this way that would make
fantastic places for museums. And could be wind powered too!
Tom te tom te tom