Re: [LUG] Pondering upon Debian

Tom Potts wrote:

> But someone has to control the name it otherwise I (or another evil org) could
> produce a version of Firefox that was pretty useless.  It would  be wrong to
> call it Firefox but your saying that would be OK.

No, Mozilla allow Debian to make changes and keep the name, and then
reverted its stance.

Sure, Debian could make a really bad version and distribute it in
Debian, but I'm not sure what the point would be. Or Mozilla could have
trusted Debian to do the decent thing....

Just folks was criticizing Debian for changing the name, and now you
seem to be arguing they had to as well....