Re: [LUG] Remove windows

> I take it this QuickDelete program is a client that downloads the header
> of emails, and then lets you delete them directly from the server rather
> than downloading the body and deleting them from the client?
>
> I'm not 100% sure about this (someone might want to back me up or refute
> the claim), but I'm pretty sure Evolution only downloads the email
> header when you "fetch" new mail. The body isn't loaded until the email
> is opened. So deleting mail from your inbox before you open it is
> functionally identical. Plus with the client side spam filtering
> enabled, it should be a lot easier to manage than manually going through
> and having to cull the list. You might want to hear someone agree with
> that statement before repeating it at a diner party, but I'm pretty sure
> that's how it works.

I realise that evolution is probably functionally identical, but the
quickdelete thing is the way she's used to working (and I have set up
some filters for the most obvious spam) and telling her "it's the same"
doesn't do it. Users are a problem and should be banned.........

--
Simon Robert
www.oldhouse-cottage.co.uk