Re: [LUG] Remove windows

Grant Sewell wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> You can indeed.  From with Ubuntu you'd need to reformat the Windows
> partition as something that Linux can use reliably - ext3 is a good
> choice for most things.  I tend to do things from the commandline, so
> here's how:

<snipped detailed instructions>
> What you use this "new" space for is upto you - I would suggest making
> this your actual "home" space, so you'd need to sync between this and
> your current "home", etc, etc... but that's for another reply later. ;)
The benefit of having /home on a separate partition is that it won't get
wiped if you decide to reinstall or try another distro later on.  All
you would have to do is point the installer of the new setup to that
partition for /home, remembering *not* to format it of course :)  Rather
like putting My Documents on a different partition in Windows, something
I always do :)

Kind regards,

Julian